My stay at the Amadeo Hotel Schaffenrath in Salzburg and the used pad in the drawer
Salzburg, Austria. I had to go to Salzburg in Austria for four days. Salzburg is a beautiful and historical city, the fourth biggest of the country.
I stayed at the four star Amadeo Hotel Schaffenrath for three nights and paid 76 Euros per night, which is approximately 86 dollars. The price did not include breakfast, lunch or dinner, but wifi and the parking lot.
I touched a used pad of a former guest
I don’t like to focus on negativity, but: As being a young woman I am making hygiene and safety a priority when traveling, especially when traveling alone. Austria is not my home country. When I pay a four star hotel I expect a clean room at the very least. On the third evening of my stay I had dinner at the desk in my room…
… While eating I looked for a plastic knife I placed in the drawer of the desk the day before. When I reached for it I touched a used pad of a former guest! Someone must have placed it at the back of the drawer! The cleaning ladies obviously didn’t check there!
No need to say: My dinner was immediately ended by that and I also did not continue to work at the desk for the rest of the stay. It was utterly disgusting. I used a handkerchief to throw it into the trash can.
The rest of the hotel room seemed to be ok.
Cons of the Amadeo Hotel Schaffenrath
– No ceiling lamp in the bedroom
– I was wakened up by renovation noises every day
– Used pad was placed in drawer – Yuck!
– At the checkout they just had me pay but didn’t ask if everything was ok – It would have been interesting to talk about the used pad in my drawer…
– Beside the used pad in the drawer the hotel looked cozy and tidy
– Fan, hair dryer and shoehorn in the room
– Free wifi
– grocery store and other shops nearby
– bus station nearby
– Free soap and shower gel in the bathroom
– 24/7 reception
I am going to avoid this hotel for the future. If you don’t respect my health by meeting common hygenic standards my money is not going to support your business ever again.